From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] O'keefe Missing G Uncle in Chicago 1920's
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:50:23 -0500

Hi Kevin,

Information on death certificates will vary.
I wouldn't waste time or money on the Arthur O'Keefe in Sangamon Il,
he was an Illinois farmer and so was his father before him
Your Arthur might be one of the other two in Cook county.

I suggest you take a look at the ChicagoGenealogy.com site for
obtaining the death certs (I gave you the cert nos) and also look at
the Illinois death index.

As to censes online, the 1881 UK and 1880 US are free online at
FamilySearch.org.
You should check with your local library and see if they have free
access through Ancestry or Proquest to other census records, US and
Canada.

I subscribe to Ancestry, you could try a free trial offer http://
www.ancestry.com/, but I think you do have to give them a credit card
number.
Better to check with your library and local genealogy center first
about what is available.

I agree with you that the Arthur O'Keefe at the Acme #2 Hotel in the
1910 census is almost certainly your greatuncle.
Everything matches--age, name, occupation, born Canada.

You said he stopped writing in the 1920s, do you have any address for
him in the 1920s?

Nan