From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Clooney, Leinen
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:50:23 -0500

Joan,
Oscar died in 1919.
Julia died in 1917
His son Eugene died in 1943.

Chicago Tribune Obit
12/26/1919

LEINEN, OSCAR E.
beloved husband of Mina (nee Bannon) father of Eugene and Mrs James
A. O'Connell,
brother of the late Mrs. Julia Corbett, at his residence 5638 Indiana
Ave.
Member of Chicago Bar Association.
Funeral Saturday from his late residence 5638 Indiana to St Anne's
church, by autos to St. Boniface Cemetery.

12/27/1919
LEINEN, OSCAR E.
beloved husband of Mina (nee Bannon) father of Eugene and Mrs James
A. o'Connell,
brother of Charles, Anthony, Mathew, Mary the late Mrs. Julia
Corbett, at his residence 5638 Indiana Ave.
Member of Chicago Bar Association.

1/1/1943

LEINEN, EUGENE
late of 4871 N Winthrop avenue, beloved son of Mina and the late
Oscar E. Leinen,
brother of Mrs. James A. O'Connell
Funeral Sturday, 930 am from chapel, 929 Belmont avenue
to St. Vincent's church.
Burial St. Boniface.

JULIA LEINEN CORBETT died May 21, 1917
husband Dr. Matthew Corbett (b Canada parents b Ireland)
children Mary and John
residence 2314 W 12th St
funeral St Charles Church
burial St.Boniface

Julia's sister Mary C. Leinen (single age 57) was living with her
widowed BIL Dr. Matthew Corbett and children in 1920.
The four of them were still living together in 1930 but had moved to
2217 Roosevelt Rd inthe 25th Ward.
In 1930 Dr. Matthew was a surgical physcian, dau Mary was a public
school teacher, son John-nothing, SIL Mary Leinin, still working in
book store.

James A. O'Connell, husband of EDNA LEINEN O'CONNELL died @JUly 13,
1955. Funeral HOme 1359 Devon At Glenwood to St Ita's church.
Interment All Saints.
Children: James A. Jr., Lucille Rooney, Robert E., Betty Lou Brauer,
Richard K and David E. O'Connell.
(Rogers Park Neighorhood)