From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] O'Keefe Missing G Uncle in Chicago 1920's
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:20:39 -0500

I couldn't find an obit in the Tribune (1920-1940)

Illinois Death Index has these entries.

OKEEFE ARTHUR M/W UNK 6019153 1934-03-17
COOK CHICAGO 34-07-11

OKEEFE ARTHUR A M/W UNK 0000854 1944-01-25
COOK BLUE ISLAND

O'KEEFE ARTHUR M/W Y-68 0043185 1949-10-25
SANGAMON 49-10-2O'KEEFE
ARTHUR M/W Y-68 0043185 1949-10-25
SANGAMON 49-10-25

(This Sangamon O'Keefe is probably NOT him, as he was born in
Illinois per th 1920 census)

You may alread have this but in 1910 (census) he was living at the
Acme Hotel (employed as a printer) at 518 West Madison in the 18th Ward.
Ward Boundaries were Ward 18; Tract R 7 (pt.of) Bounded by; W.
Madison, South Branch Chicago River, W. Adams, S. Desplaines.