From: "Joan and Mark Byrne" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Clooney, Leinen
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:33:35 -0700

Looking for info on any Clooneys. GGgrandmother Mary Clooney, born 1828 in
unknown county in Ireland, emigrated late 1850's, married John Henry Leinen
in Old St. Peters (Clark and Polk Streets) June 6, 1859. She died 1917 in
Chicago, buried in St. Boniface cemetery.

I have her in the census with her husband from 1860 through 1910. I have
found all of their children: Oscar, Anthony, Mary, Julia (m. Corbett),
Timothy, John Henry, Charles and Matthew Leinen.

I would love to find descendants of Oscar, especially, or anything about
Clooneys. I promised my cousin that I would try to prove that she's related
to George Clooney.

Thanks, Joan

Seattle

This thread: