From: "Kevin J. O'Keefe" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Missing G Uncle in Chicago 1920's
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:27:47 -0400

Arthur McCabe O'KEEFE, Canadian born at Lindsay, Ontario August 25, 1878, was my great-uncle. He was Baptized September 1, 1878 and never married as long as we know. He moved to St. Catherine's, Ontario during WW1 to work as a printer there. During the 1920s he was a printer at one of the newspapers in Chicago; the Tribune or the Sun Times I guess. There was a printers' strike and he ended up on hard times after the strikes were defeated. My grand-father and another great-uncle tried to convince him to return to Canada(Lindsay)but he never did. The trail ends when my great-grandmother Ann-Jane (McCabe) O'Keefe stopped getting Christmas cards from him in the twenties. Does this match any of your family history?
All the Printers' Union records are in the archives at Bolder Colorado University Library but I was told by the archivist there that the records are not much help.
Did he go to St. Basil's Catholic Church in the south side of Chicago?

thank you, Kevin O'Keefe, Lindsay Ontario Canada

This thread: