From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1st Irish American Catholic Chicago Mayor
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 03:29:26 -0500

Nora, he was born in Buffalo NY about 1858.

John Patrick Hopkins came to Chicago in 1880. Never married.
His mother is buried in Chicago, too, at Calvary Cemetery.

The Cardinal said the mass, President of Notre Dame gave the eulogy.
Very large and impressive funeral, apparently very well thought of
and very active in business, civic, political and cultural life of
Chicago.
Roger Sullivan, political boss of Chicago (Democrat) was at his
bedside when he died.