From: Mike Obrien <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 2, Issue 219
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:01:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I lived at 55th and Racine from 1943 until 1954. I remember my dad and mom talking about how far back it was when the street was called South Centre. Something about it running down the center of the city on the south side. So I tend to agree with those who think it was renamed to Racine....................Mike O'Brien