Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1st Irish American Catholic Chicago Mayor
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:46:27 EDT

This is so funny to me. I wonder from where his roots are?

I had a first cousin named John Patrick Hopkins (died 12/11/06). My roots
are in Mayo near Castlebar.

My connection to Chicago is not very strong. My paternal great aunt, Honora
Hopkins Fahey, lived in Chicago from 1898-1924. She and her husband are also
buried in Calvary. There may have been a cousin, Delia Hopkins, who also lived
in Chicago but that's all on my Hopkins line in Chicago.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald
Chicago roots: Honora Hopkins Fahey from Crimlin townland, Turlough Civil
Parish. Lived on Ravenwood.

In a message dated 7/24/2007 1:59:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,