From: bessinger janice <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRISH-IN-CHICAGO Digest, Vol 2, Issue 213
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Patrick Caulfield

Nan, Thank you so much. I had to quit researching
when I went back to work full time. Plan to retire in
the next year or so and can really get back into this.
BUT, this new info will have me researching and
writing all weekend. Thank you so very much. Janice

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 03:35:48 -0500
> From: Nan Brennan <>
> Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Foely & Caulfield
<>
> [...]
> 47th St that died
> on April 29, 1906.
> Listed in the Tribune "Official Death Record" on May
> 3, 1906.
> He is also in the Illinois death index Cert no
> 00002419.
> No obit in the Tribune.
>
> Nan
>
> On Jul 19, 2007, at 7:50 AM, bessinger janice wrote:
>
> > Nan, Thanks for your response.
> > You found my folks. The Marriage Index showing
> Delia
> > Callaghan and Patrick Foley and Michael Foley and
> Kate
> > "Canfield" are mine. I got the marriage
> certificates
> > but they just show place of birth as Ireland. The
> > "Canfield" was because of the poor writing of the
> > priest who wrote Caufield which I know is
> incorrect
> > from the 1880 census showing Kate as Caulfield,
> the
> > family bible with that name and her death
> certificate.
> > I don't know of any connection with that Bridget.
> > don't know when Patrick and Micheal came to
> Chicago or
> > to the US. BTW they were brother's and when
> Micheal
> > and Kate died Patrick and Delia took in their one
> > remaining child, John Joseph. I saw that Patrick
> > registered to vote in 1899 and had become a
> citizen.
> > I wrote (about 10 years ago) for the
> naturalization
> > papers but did not receive anything.
> Unfortunately
> > when Patrick and Michael came which would have
> been
> > before the 1882 marriage, the passengers' lists
> did
> > not have the details which came in a few years
> later.
> > These Foley men were born @1860 give or take a few
> > years.
> >
> > I find Kate on the 1880 census and Patrick Foley,
> with
> > the orphan, John Joseph Foley, 1910, etc. I
> don't
> > see any of the men in 1880 and don't see Patrick
> > Caulfield after the 1899 registration.
> >
> > Living in FL it is hard to get the info. I sort
> of
> > quit looking for these folks a few years ago. I
> am
> > thinking I need to concentrate on finding
> Patrick's
> > naturalization application and papers. This might
> > provide info as to exactly where they came from.
> The
> > family lore is Co. Roscommon. I also need to look
> for
> > the naturalization papers of Patrick Caulfield who
> was
> > living with Kate when she died. I am thinking he
> was
> > her brother.
> >
> > Anyone have any other suggestsions? Thanks Janice
> >
> > Nan, I live in no. Fla. outside Jacksonville.

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

This thread: