From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Looking for Naturalization Advice
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:29:28 -0700 (PDT)

Patrica,

I looked in the 1888, 1890 and 1892 Chicago Voter Registration which usually tell naturalization date and place. No Lawrence Daly listed. There was only a L.F. Daly b. Canada.

My suggestions would be 1) look at additional census records to see if a naturalization date is give 2) check with Cook County Circuit Court Archives and/or IRAD and 3) check the National Archives records

Good luck.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Patricia <> wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to ask your help with the process I need to go through to see whether my GrGf Lawrence DALY, was naturalized in IL. The 1900 Census shows he'd been in US since 1830-not sure about port of arrival. I don't know where he spent the years between his arrival and 1845 when he moved to Ohio and married his sister-in-law.

I found a solo Lawrence DALY in 1840 US Census IL>ST CLAIR>NOT STATED. Within the body of the Census itself it says along its side: "North Half of St. Clair County". I know he met his second wife in Joliet, IL, and that he travelled back and forth to IL.

He also had a son John DALY who married a Mary RYAN whom he met in Joliet, so they definitely kept an IL connection even though homesteading in Lorain County, OH.

If someone can suggest something regarding the tracking of L's naturalization, please let me know.

Thank You,
Patricia Daly (DALY/EGAN/RYAN)