Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] July 22 Irish-In-Chicago lunch
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:13:19 EDT

We had a really nice lunch in the outdoor courtyard restaurant in the Art
Institute; the weather was just perfect - sunny, warm, and a slight breeze.

Eight of us were present, Nan Brennan, Kay Brennan Mammoser, Jack Clerkin,
Joyce Hennessy, Judie Mason, Patti Meyers, Maureen Neidle, and Kathleen
Richmond. We had a great time with great conversation and some good ideas. We all
talked for at least 2 1/2 hours - and didn't run out of things to say.

We talked about ideas for "field trips" and future lunches. Our next lunch
is tentatively scheduled for a Sunday in October at the Irish American
Heritage Center on the North Side of Chicago - with "vittles" and a tour. Jack is
checking with Brian there about an availability date. I will advise more
when we have the information.

We also discussed other field trips in the future. Some mentioned were the
Newberry Library, St. James of the Sag (and the cemetery) in Lemont
(southwest of Chicago), and the Chicago Historical Museum (formerly the Chicago
Historical Society). I have a Word document with the website addresses and a
little info about each location. If you would like a copy of this document,
please let me know OFFLIST and I will attach the document in a return email to you.

We will give you more info about the next lunch when we have a definite date.

Maureen N