From: Frederick Boland <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] IRAD records
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:22:53 -0500

wrote:

>Judie
>What kind of records are available for Chicago firemen & are they available
>for the years of 1894 to 1913? My gradnfather was an engineer on a steam
>operated fire truck during those years. Thanks for your help.
>Karen
> (mailto:)

One possible resource for the information you are seeking is the Fire
Museum Of Greater Chicago, P.O.Box4914, Chicago IL 660680. Their
website is www.FireMuseumOfGreaterChicago.org They have a
display of pictures, artifacts, and literature at St. Gabriel School at
4500 So. Wallace Ave. in Chicago, but that will be moving soon. Another
place of interest would be the Chicago Fire Academy at 588 West DeKoven
St in Chicago. Lots of pictures and some old equipment.

The Museums latest newsletter (Summer 2007) has the last of a great
series of articles on the horses of the Chicago Fire Dept.
Good luck in your search Fred Boland

This thread: