Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Another Question: South Center St.
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:39:42 -0500

Judie,

You are probably right the South being directional. I checked Center St. and there were some in the Chicago History Museum's website for name changes:
Center Ave., Armitage Ave. 2000N 225 to 1475W.
Center St., 2000N Armitage Ave. 2000N 225 to 1475W.
Center St., Carmen Ave. 850 to 1799W.
However, they appear to be on the north side. That is why I asked about South Center Street. The 1900 census, on what looks to be page 145 ED 607 19th Ward, states Center Avenue. The Ledwells are at 299 South Center Avenue (sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone. I should have said Avenue, not Street.).
Bill