From: Catherine Sherry <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call - Biggins, Foy, Carroll, Kenny
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:14:14 -0400

Patti,

Thanks for the info! Thus far I can only say for certain that my ancestor
was John Butler who settled with his wife, Eva nee Whipple, in DuPage. His
son was Lee Pierce Butler, a renowned librarian with the Newberry Library. I
do not know of any people named "Peter" in the family, but that is not to
say that later generations might have used the name.

I appreciate your information and will archive it for further investigation!

Cathy

On 7/21/07 12:31 PM, "patricia meyers" <> wrote:

> Cathy,
> I know of a Peter Butler who was in DuPage County, York Township, I believe.
> Had a son named Leonard who might still be alive and living in the Naperville
> area. I think these Butlers came from County Wexford.
>
> Patti
>
> Catherine Sherry <> wrote:
> Nan,
>
> I hope the following is helpful. Sorry about the fuzzy dates. Thanks for
> putting this together!
>
> Cathy
>
> Butler, Co. Longford
> Church unknown, Chicago, 1843-19??
> Emmanuel Episcopal Reform, Chicago 1886-??
> Church unknown, Will County, 1840-1890
> Church unknown, DuPage County, 1851-1940
>
> Christie, Co. Longford
> Church unknown, Chicago 1843-1890
>
> Meager/Meagher, Berkhamsted, England; Ontario, Canada
> Church of England or equivalent, 1880-1930
> St. Gabriel, 1930-2007
>
> Ryan, Co. Mayo
> St. Gabriel, 1930 or before -2007
>
> Hawley/Howley, Co. Mayo
> St. Gabriel, 1930 or before -1950
>

> On 7/21/07 5:43 AM, "Nan Brennan" wrote:
>
>> Peter,
>>
>> I also have Minogue, ?Co Clare, St Vincents, for you.
>> Is that right?
>>
>> Nan
>>
>> On Jul 20, 2007, at 3:24 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Biggins, Co. Mayo
>>> St. Dennis, Lockport, 1835-1885
>>> Sts. Peter & Paul, Naperville, 1885-1900
>>> St. Vincent, Lincoln Park, 1900-1955
>>>
>>> Foy, Co. Mayo
>>> Holy Name, Near North Side, 1855-1883
>>> St. Bridget, Bridgeport, 1871-1910
>>> St. Mary's, Loop, 1883-1892
>>> St. Vincent, Lincoln Park, 1900-1955
>>>
>>> McNally, Ireland
>>> St. Louis, Loop, 1855-1870
>>> All Saints, Bridgeport, 1870-1890
>>>
>>> Carroll, Co. Limerick
>>> Holy Family, Near West Side, 1880-1905
>>> St. Charles Borromeo, Near West Side, 1905-1907
>>> Most Precious Blood, Garfield park, 1907-1945
>>> St. Thomas Aquinas, Austin, 1934-1952
>>>
>>> Kenny, Ireland
>>> St. Jarlath, Near West Side 1875-1882
>>> St. Malachy, Bear West Side, 1882-1908