From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] parish Mathew Wixted
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Surprisingly, I've found a huge number of Irish in the baptismal/marriage records for Sacred Heart on Wallace. Many were records I was sure would be at St. Patrick's or Holy Family.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
Diane,

If neither St. Patricks nor Holy Family has records of Matthew, you might
try St. Jarlaths which was primarily Irish. It was located at 1713 W. Jackson.
It is now closed and the records are contained at the Archdiocese of
Chicago Archives.
_http://archives.archchicago.org/_
(http://archives.archchicago.org/)

The other possibility is Notre Dame parish. at Flournoy and Ada Streets. It
was mainly French. Records are at Notre Dame of Chicago at 1335 W. Harrison
in Chicago.

Maureen N