From: "Marilyn Shanahan" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] EGAN
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:09:31 -0500

Judie
I have the book referred to called "End of Watch" There are only two Egans
listed as having been killed in "line of duty deaths" One in 1944 and one
in 1922. The deaths go back to 1853. There were two policemen killed in
1899, a Patrolman Wallner and Patrolman Leach. Could your John P Egan have
his death categorized as "none duty" in 1899? That is what happened to my
grandfather killed in 1900 as a Chicago Police Sargent. Anyone needing
this subject looked up, be glad to do so.
Marilyn