Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] BRADY - Boyle
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:21:06 -0500

Judie,

My Brady (Margaret "Maggie") married William Welch in 1895 in Chicago. According to the 1900 census, she arrived here in 1889. She was born in 1873, so she would have been a teenager. I have several possible passenger lists from 1889. However, I'm not sure on which one she is listed.

The church record indicates that the witnesses were John J. Meehan and Delia Brady. My understanding is that Delia is a nickname for Bridget. Nan was nice enough to forward me some possibilities out of the census where John might have married a Bridget or Delia. I'm pretty sure that Delia and Maggie are sisters, but that is all I'm sure of at this point. Other than that, I have no knowledge of the Brady's. Well there's always "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia."

Bill