Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call - Heeney / Healy (St. Mel's) WestGarfield P...
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:19:18 -0400

Thanks for?your Heaney?information?Karen. I wish I had more information on "all" of the Heeney group from Co. Mayo.?
What I have is that my grGrandfather (Thomas J. Heeney - 1852 to 1897) named two sons named?after himself... (Thomas Percival and Thomas Raymond) whom neither one lived past 1920?or 25yrs. of age. Their mother's?name was?Elizabeth (Lizzy) Healy, who?lost their W.Garfield Park saloon when Thomas J. died in 1897.? Lizzy?remarried and moved the family?to Minneapolis.
There may have been more extended Heaney's/Heeney's?family there in Chicago that we do not know anything about. Today we have about 25-30 Heeney's out here in California. Thanks again.

Tim Berenda / Heeney

Carlsbad, CA.
?

Sent: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:25 am

Tim,
Not searching Heeney but did know a Tom Heaney & his mother - Rae Heaney, a
school teacher - both living in the Chicago area & I believe in St Mels
parish. Rae was a close friend of my mother's so that would put her at about
96-97 years old. She is buried at Mt Carmel Cemetery in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Tom got married & don't know anything more about him. I knew Rae - she & my
Mom belonged to the same bridge club. Rae's brother was a Msgr. (priest -
forget his last name), working at the Chancery Office in Chicago 1940's -
1950's.
Do you know about these people? If you do, would be interested in knowing
more in their later lives.
Thanks - Karen