Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Parish Interest FORTUNE St James
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:41:50 EDT

Nan,

Thanks for the information and reply.

I have used Griffith's Valuation and believe my family is part of the
Fortune family that came from townland of Effernoge in Ferns County Wexford. The
given names match up to my family. Michael Fathers name was John and his
mother was Bridget Redmond.

My Great Grandfather was Michael John Redmond Fortune. His wife was Annie
Doyle. They had 8 children.

Margaret 1856 in Dublin
Bridget Agnes 1858 Toronto
John 1860 St. Louis
James 1863 Cincinnati ( My ggreatgrandfather joined the Union Army)
Ann 1865 Chicago
Mary Ellen 1867 Chicago
William 1873 Chicago (My Grandfather)
Joseph 1877 Chicago

They lived in Bridgeport from 1865 until the early 1900's. My grandfather
married Rose Mcneill from County Antrim, Northern Ireland in 1898 at St.
James. They eventually moved to 10141 S. Lowe in Fernwood. They attended St.
Margaret of Scotland. My fathers 3 sisters attended Academy of our Lady and my
father and his brother went to Mt. Carmel.

I do not have an obit for Michael. He died on September 19 1917. I do have
one (Chicago Daily News) 1897 for his Wife Annie.

John and Peter Fortune ( Fortune Bros. Brewing Co.) were from the same area
in County Wexford, but I have no information that they are related. They
were a very prominent Chicago Family.

Do you have access to The Chicago Citizen or Interocean Newspapers. I have
wondered if there would be an obit for Michael.

Joe