From: Takro <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Resources used the most
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:33:19 -0500

Thank you to every one who offered to do look ups for me! However,I
don't really need any look ups,as my Irish grandparents didn't come over
until the 1920's,and I knew them well .I just enjoy browsing the Tribune
archives-I used to have access somehow,but it suddenly stopped.Don't
know why I was getting access for a while,but I did enjoy it!
I joined this list just to see if anyone else is researching my
family-Quinlisk from Tipperary & Hoban from Mayo.I lived in Bridgeport &
attended All Saints school until moving to the suburbs.My mother grew up
in the area-not sure what grammar school she attended,but she went to
Cathedral High.I believe her parish was St Bridget's Was there a school
there?.She was married there.Her brothers attended St Patrick Academy &
I have the graduating class picture from 1943,if anyone has an
interest.Most of the names are Italian,but quite a few Irish.I also have
the 8th grade graduation picture from 1939,but no names.I will find out
what school it was-the picture was taken at the Paul Studio 3213 S.
Morgan.Anyone from that neighborhood?
Thanks to all who offered to help,and I will keep it in mind when I
actually need some info-Terry