From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] EGAN
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 05:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

Whoops! Had intended my reply to go to the list in addition to Pat.

Parishes for my EGAN line include St. Anne, St. Gabriel and Visitation

Judie Mason

Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] EGAN
To: Patricia <>

Hi Pat,

FYI, I have John Patrick Egan b. Canada c.1853 to William (?) & Bridget (b.Ireland) m.c.1879 in Chicago to Annie Donovan also b.Canada c.1858. John was a Chicago police officer killed in the line of duty 9/2/1899 leaving his wife and 7 children.....twins Mary and Mildred, Margaret, James, George, Frank and John Jr.

Sorry I don't see a Joliet connection.

Judie

Patricia <> wrote:
Hi Judith,

I'm writing regarding the following post. I've come in late on this thread, and am not sure what it's about. But, my interest is in the name EGAN. My GrGm was Mary Egan, and I believe that after she came from IRE in 1851, she eventually settled in Jolliet, IL. My GrGf, Lawrence Daly and his son John used to sing in a Catholic Church choir, and I believe that is where they met their wives. Can you tell me what is your interest in the EGAN name?

Thank You,
Patricia Daly

This thread: