From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call McDowell
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:00:34 -0500

Barbara,

There was a Neil McDowell, born Illinois 1916, that enlisted in the
US Army Air Corp on 3 April 1942. Married, one year of college.

There was a Nel McDowell name as a scout leader from the Woodlawn
neighborhood in a Mar 3, 1935 Tribune article on the Boy Scouts in
Chicago.
Your Neil would have been about 19 by then.

I saw your William Freeman McDowell was living at 4211 Berkeley Ave
in his WWI draft.....I think this would be the Woodlawn
neighborhood....if not pretty close.

THANKS TO YOU I NOW HAVE A ED FOR 42ND AND BERKELY.
Another lister was asking about a Irish woman's boarding house around
42nd and Berkley just within the past few days. I was having trouble
zeroing in on the neighborhood. Funny co-incidence.

Nan