Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Parish Interest
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:42:32 EDT

I may be one of the rare bunch that isn't a South Side Irish!

I grew up on the Northwest side and attended St Edward's Grade School at
Sunnyside (4400 North) and Kostner (about 4500 West). I then attended Madonna
High School (Pulaski & Belmont).
I now live in Lisle (southwest suburb of Chicago) where we have been
parishiones of St. Joan of Arc, for 45 years and where our 5 children attended and
then went to Benet Academy.

My grandparents: Patrick Brice & Mary Ann Murray
Married in St. Veronica's Church in 1914
Moved to St Edward's parish around 1920 or so and were parishioners until
they died in 1956 and 1961.
They were both from Buckagh, Newport County Mayo and came to the U.S. in 1906
and 1909 respectively.

My mother and siblings also attended St. Edward's

This is a great idea - maybe we could get a List booklet.

By the way does anyone know how many "Irish-In-Chicago" there are?

Nancy Etzkorn