From: Catherine Sherry <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call Cathy Sherry
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:45:09 -0400

Nan,

My Grandma was Blanche Smith, later Blanche Andrews. My mother was Ann
Andrews, later Ann Meagher. They both spoke highly of their days at school
there.

The Smith family were founders of the Baptist academy in the area. I've
actually combed through the historical society located near Longwood Drive,
although I don't recall the exact address. It is a great place and the
personnel very helpful. I found lots of information on the Smiths there.

Cathy