From: Catherine Sherry <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Indenturement
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:26:33 -0400

Nan,

Your ideas are great. I will take a look at the IRAD holdings again, but I
don't recall ever seeing anything there. I use the site all the time for
marriages and deaths.

My sister and I recently went to the Clerk of the Court. You get one of two
stories: All those records burned in the Chicago Fire OR Since that is like
an adoption, you will need a court order to get the records if they exist.
However, I might give the Court Archives another try - different person,
different answer, perhaps.

My sister did a family tree project in the early 1980's. She is sure she
obtained that record then, and not from a family member. We just don't know
where she got it. No identifying seal or stamp is on it, so no help there.
Now it is very faded and barely readable, so I'd like to get another. The
search goes on!

Cathy