Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] KANE
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:37:55 EDT

:::really pop her head up this time and standing up out of the gopher hole:::

>>>Judie Mason Wrote:

>>>Trying to located the two sons of my Godfather FRANCIS KANE b. c 1905
Chicago. Francis was one of my father's best friends, worked for the CPD (not
a police officer) and was killed in an automobile accident in the 1950's or
1960's in Arizona.

Judie,

My father was Philip Kane (born Chicago 1918), youngest son of Michael &
Annie Kane. His oldest brother was Francis Leroy Kane (born Chicago, 17 April
1905). My records indicate that he was killed in a car accident in Texas in
1960. He is buried at Mount Carmel cemetery next to his mother and father. I
don't know about sons for my Francis or what his employment was. So I don't
know if they are the same guy. (Again some names are a dime a dozen in turn
of the century Chicago.)

Please write back if there is any additional information which I might give
you.

Margaret Kane Ward
Vero Beach, FL

:::returning to lurk mode:::