From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] KANE
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:38:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Susan,

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Rita Club, but am interested in the surname KANE. Trying to located the two sons of my Godfather FRANCIS KANE b. c 1905 Chicago. Francis was one of my father's best friends, worked for the CPD (not a police officer) and was killed in an automobile accident in the 1950's or 1960's in Arizona.

Ringing any bells? Hope so!

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:

My great aunt Margaret Kane told me before she died that she (before she married) lived in a girls residence in Chicago that was chaperoned by nuns.? Talked abt. how strict it was and how she and her friend Ruth Rooney decided when they could to get lodging with fewer rules, but how they "had a ball" together.

I have found them in the 1930 census at no. 158-162 West North Avenue in ward 43 city of Chicago and the name of the institution there was "RITA CLUB No. 2".

Does anyone have information about this organization.? Don't really need it, just curious.

Susan