From: "Sharon Kavanagh" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] July 22 Irish-In-Chicago lunch
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:36:44 -0700

Maureen & lunch bunch - One of these days I'm going to be in town (from out
here in Oregon) when you have one of your lunches. The Garden Restaurant at
the AI is a favorite of mine, so I'm going to be picturing you there.

Of course, I'm wishing I could hear some of the stories...if there is a
scribe in the group, perhaps it could be possible to publish some of the
highlights of the conversation on the list....just hoping :o)

An idea: poll the list for RC parishes-attended-by and
neighborhoods-lived-in by our ancestors. Some cannot find church records for
BMD's (records lost in the Great Fire of 1871, for example) - perhaps
another lister also had family in the same parish/neighborhood (maybe a few
years later, after the Fire, for example) and maybe written records they
have could provide names of parishioners/ neighbors that might provide
confirmation that an ancestor lived in a certain place at a certain time.
Just a thought.

Have a great lunch!

Sharon K.