Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Rita Clubs?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:59:33 -0400

My great aunt Margaret Kane told me before she died that she (before she married) lived in a girls residence in Chicago that was chaperoned by nuns.? Talked abt. how strict it was and how she and her friend Ruth Rooney decided when they could to get lodging with fewer rules, but how they "had a ball" together.

I have found them in the 1930 census at no. 158-162 West North Avenue in ward 43 city of Chicago and the name of the institution there was "RITA CLUB No. 2".

Does anyone have information about this organization.? Don't really need it, just curious.

Susan