From: Bill King <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Genealogy Center
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:28:14 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I have been in contact with the president of the Irish American Heritage Center. He would like the center to be involved in the gathering of Irish genealogy materials. He is willing to meet during the day or during an evening with persons interested in setting up a holding center for materials.
It would be nice to get a group together to try and work out arrangements that would be beneficial to all.

When I have used the family history center in Naperville, they have encouraged the patrons to down load their data on memory sticks. They even show patrons how to do that in place of making hard printed copies. Memory sticks are easy to make duplicates of. It would be nice to have a central location where the duplicates of materials could be kept and made available to those interested in Irish genealogy with an emphasis the Chicago Irish community.

Bill King

This thread: