From: Catherine Sherry <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Lookups of Butler and O'Toole Marriages
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:51:30 -0400

Diane,

Thank you very much for looking for me! This Andrew Butler marriage has been
a conundrum for quite some time, and apparently remains one. This family
does have ties to Dublin and it is quite possible that he married there.
Thus far, we know absolutely nothing about the marriage except that it was
late in life after he had raised a family in Illinois and after his first
wife died. He then went back to Ireland (we've tracked him there through
letters and ship manifests) and we know he had one son, who was serving in
WWI in 1915, so we've guesstimated that the son was born by 1895.

Again, thanks for trying for me. Your generosity is much appreciated!

Cathy