Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Lookups of Butler and O'Toole Marriages
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:35:07 EDT

I batted .500. I did not find a marriage of Andrew Butler in Longford around
1890 (checked 1888-1892). There were such marriages in Waterford and Dublin,
but neither is near Longford. Either the marriage was not registered or some of
the information was incorrect.

I did find a marriage of John O'Toole in Dublin North, 1864, volume 12, page
510. That would be on LDS film 101463, which you can order for $5.50. Or you
can ask the General Registry Office (www.groireland.ie) to send you a photocpy
of the certificate. Since you have the volume and page number, they charge
about $5 for the certificate (charged to your credit card number, order form
downloadable from Web site). Either way, the certificate will include the names,
ages (though it may just say "full age," meaning adult), and residences of the
bride and groom, occupations, and fathers' names and occupations. Either way
takes about 2 weeks. Good luck!

Diane </HTML>

This thread: