Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Lookup Offer
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:39:59 -0500

Diane,

This is a long shot, so if you don't have time it is okay. John O'Toole (my gr gr grandfather) married a girl named Catherine (surname unknown). Since their son, John Joseph, Sr. was born in 1865 and he is has the same forename as his father, I am assumimg firstborn. Therefore, John & Catherine had to be married in 1864 or 1865. Just to throw a monkey wrench into the fray, someone told me that the father's actual name might be Joseph, not John. He could be Joseph John. To make matters worse, this all happened in Dublin (not sure if County or City). To top it off, parts of County Wicklow used to be part of County Dublin. However, if you stick with Dublin, you might be okay. Dublin had 2 Poor Law Unions - Dublin North & Dublin South. I am desperately trying to break down the O'Toole brickwall. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill