Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1870 census
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:54:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2007 3:35:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

Maureen - any family stories about family members watching for Lincoln's
funeral train?
Sharon

Sharon,

Unfortunately, no. Just that he watched the train go through. This date
did help me to determine when he immigrated to the US. Originally, I thought
his arrival date was later - having found his name on later ship arrivals.
Knowing that he arrived before the train came through Chicago has stymied me
about his arrival year. The brick wall will eventually fall.

Maureen