From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] More Thoughts on Project Idea
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:06:17 -0700 (PDT)

A question before I begin a search of Wilmette's FHC films.........is it Chicago and Cook County record films we will index or should the list also include Irish Civil records?

I would be happy to do look ups once the Wilmette FHC re-opens in October, hopefully.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
I wasn't suggesting the location shouldn't be Naperville because it's far for
me--just noting that's why I haven't been there. I agree we should try to
find one or more locations that would be accessible to as many people as
possible. For example, perhaps volunteers in the northwest suburbs could do marriage
lookups in Schaumburg, while those in Wilmette did birth and Naperville or
Orland Park did death (no offense, Naperville and Orland Park, just an example).
Or if people decide one location for all the indexes would be best, then decide
where it should be.

So maybe one place to start is to ask subscribers to indicate what FHCs they
can get to and whether they'd be willing to do lookups for others every so
often. Even if we don't end up with enough volunteers to do regular lookups, at
least we'd have more index film in the Chicago area, which would save time and
money over the long haul. (No more paying and waiting for each roll.)

Diane