From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] More Thoughts on Project Idea
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:15:17 -0700 (PDT)

Maureen,

I am all for taking that step backward and taking the time to determine what films are where.
I use the Wilmette FHC as it's an easy commute for me from downtown Chicago. I'll check their website to see if there's a collection list. Would go there, but they are closed until at least the first of October (maybe year end) for renovations.

Another FHC is in Crystal Lake........opened in 1998/99. They too might have a substantial collection of Chicago, Cook and Irish films.

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:
Diane - and all,

You mentioned you did not know what films Naperville had because that would
be a hike for you. I can definitely understand that. I live in the SW
suburbs. Many live in the S and SW suburbs and the SW side. Schaumburg and
Wilmette are quite a hike for us. There is also a library in Orland Park, my guess
is that they probably are sparse on the info we need, but I don't know.
There is another location in Chicago Heights. All locations probably have some
of the records we need - some have more info than others.

I am suggesting we take one step back, and find out which locations have
which records already, and share this information with the list. Then we can go
from there to determine how much money we really want to spend (if any) and
how useful will it be to spend this money. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't.
Once we know what is already available and where, we can make a better
determination.

I have never been to the Orland Park location, but I will be happy to go
there and find out what films they have.

What does everyone think?

Maureen N