From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Brennan Packing Family
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:42:43 -0500

Hi Mary,

It's always hard to know about these variant spellings on a surname.

There were Brannons in Ireland and a disproportionate number of them
seem to be in the North, mainly Antrim .
There were very few (Brannon) in areas commonly associated with the
spelling Brenan, Brennan, Brenen, Brennen--ie Kilkenny, Kerry and Mayo.

Nan