Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Get-Together Lunch July 22 - please RSVP
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 12:43:44 EDT

Now that July is about here, it is time to think about our second luncheon.
As we agreed at the last lunch:

The date is: Sunday, July 22

The place is: The Garden Restaurant at the Art Institute of Chicago
111 S. Michigan Ave. (between Monroe and Adams Streets)

_http://www.artic.edu/aic/visitor_info/restaurants.html_ (http://www.artic.edu/aic/visitor_info/restaurants.html)

The time is: 12N

PLEASE RSVP ASAP so I can make the reservations.

The restaurant is accessible from the Michigan Avenue and the Columbus Drive
entrances. Art Institute admission fee is not required. Just say that you
are going to the restaurant for lunch.

Please think about other places for the next luncheons. Should we rotate to
different areas of the city to give others easy access to future lunches?
What should we do about programs for future lunches? The Irish Cultural
Center on the north side, Gaelic Park on the south suburbs, library meeting rooms
(if they allow bring-in food) have been mentioned as possibilities. Other
possibilities? Locations?

Programs for future luncheons. Should we get some volunteers? Can some of
us give presentations on our specialties (There is some wonderful expertise
within our group) - any volunteers?

Please bring along your future luncheon ideas and suggestions to this
luncheon so we can discuss them.

Program for this lunch - what about each bringing a crib/cheat sheet for
something we each would find helpful to the group - and explaining it? Or...?
Anyone want to volunteer for a short presentation on something that would be
valuable to the rest of us? Let me know what you think asap.

By the way - I looked at Chicago events for July 22 because of possible
traffic and parking problems. Nothing major was on the calenday - hooray!

Thanks,

Maureen N