From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] [IRL-CLARE] PURCELL - Parish of Meelick
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

Christina,

I have Co. Clare Purcell brothers Thomas (m. 1. Bridget Griffin m. 2. Mary Whelan), Patrick, James (m. Mary McNamara) and Michael (never married) in Chicago between 1860 & 1870.

If it means anything, Bridget Griffin's sister Margaret (from Co. Clare) was married to James Mason who was bap. in the ecclesiastical parish of Parteen.

Also in Chicago have John Purcell m. Bridget Rafferty. Believe there might be some connection between this John and the Purcell brothers mentioned above although, not a brother.

Have more detailed information if you're interested.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Christina Hunt <> wrote:
I have PURCELLS but don't know where they were from in Ireland. They ended up in
Detroit, Michigan.
One tidbit that interested me was an Information Wanted squib.
December 21, 1861.
Of John, Patrick and Thomas Purcell, natives of the County CLARE, Parish of
Meelick, near Limerick, Ireland. When last heard from, eight years ago, was in
Hartford, CONN. Any information of them will be thankfully received by writing
to their sister, Anne PURCELL, Detroit Michigan.
Source: Irish Relatives and Friends from "Information Wanted" Ads. Compl by
Laura Murphy De Grazia and Diane Fitzpatrick Haberstroh.

Does anyone know anything about Purcells from Meelick? I am looking for John
Purcell who married a Catherine Purcell prior to 1818.

Chris
Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives
http://www.rootsweb.com/~irlarchive/

Looking for a place with good online data for Clare past - look in
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/genealog.htm