Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roches in Chicago
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:19:08 -0400

Hi Beth,

My husband's Roches came from New Mexico, El Paso, TX and Mexico and were Native American and Mexican. The name was probably spelled Rocha originally. Hope you find Catherine - I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Alice Roche
Albuquerque, NM

Sent: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 8:37 pm
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roches in Chicago

Alice,

Don't suppose you have any Scanlans in your lines? My husband's
ggggrandmother was K/Catherine Roche Scanlan who emigrated as a widow with seven
adult
or nearly adult children (Timothy (wife, Hannah ?), Patrick (wife Hannah ?),
(one of the two Hannahs was Hannah McMahon, sister of John McMahon),
K/Catherine (Mrs. Gerald Sullivan), Mary (Mrs. David McQuaid), John F. (wife,
Teresa
Lawler, sister of Frank), Edward (wife, Ann Higgins), Mortimer (wife,
Elizabeth Cunningham, widow), Michael J. (wife Nellie Hogan). Always wondered
why
Catherine went to Chicago and hoped it might have been to connect with Roche
family members already there. Have never found any. They came from
Castlemahon
(Mahoonagh), Limerick about 1848-50.

Beth Callanan,
Wash, DC