Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Military Records Free Trial
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:02:35 EDT

For those that offered to help find 'my elusive' military records here is a
list of what I'm looking for & all the information I have on them. If I'm
lucky enough to finally find any by 6/6, I will let you know immediately.

1. Ward Dale Richman - Ward D Richman - Ward Richman - Army- WWII era
b 11 Oct 1919 Windsor, Ill -d 15 Aug 1997 Iowa
Thought to have enlisted from Preston, Jackson County, Iowa

2. Dale Stuart Richman - Dale S Richman - Dale Richman - Army Vietnam era
b 11 Oct 1951 Savanna, Ill
Enlisted 12/1971, Basic 1/1972 at Ft Leonard Wood - sent to Turkey
Honorable discharge as SP5 1974

3. Michael M Richman - Michael Richman - Mike Richman -Marines - currently
in Iraq for his 2nd tour
b 23 Jan 1970 Wisconsin
Active duty in Iraq - Major - flies Cobra Helicopters - in service over 10
years - married with 3 kids

4. Roy Franklin Miller - Roy F Miller- Roy Miller - Marines - WWII & Korean
War
b 14 Apr 1924 Jackson County, Iowa
Enlisted circa 1942-1944. Stationed in Hawaii during WWII.. Injured in
Korean War - lost an eye from a bayonet. Returned to states & in VA hospital -
possibly in Chicago. Married after service circa 1953-54 - now living in
California

5. Carrol Alrain Miller - Carrol A Miller - Carrol Miller - Army -
maintenance - WWII
b 12 Mar ???? d 1993 or 1995 in Lost Nation, Iowa
born at home in Jackson County, Iowa

6. John L Schipper - Johnnie Schipper - John Schipper - WWII - Navy
b 1907 Iowa d 1992 Bellevue, Jackson County, Iowa in nursing home

7. Arthur L Schipper - Arthur Schipper - Dr Arthur L Schipper - Dr Arthur
Schipper
Air Force - Captain - WWII
b 1909 Iowa d 1974 Iowa
May have worked in Lab on something to do with germs while in service -
(germ warfare??)
He was an early cancer researcher at Bethesda Hospital, Maryland many years
ago. Lived in Georgetown. Married - dates/place/wife unknown

8. Gerald Willis Miller - Gerald Miller - Branch of service unknown -
WWII
b Iowa d Maquoketa, Iowa (cancer)

9. Harry Mullins - Marines - Cold War era - circa 1955-1958
b Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Married while in service - lives in Stroudsburg, Pa

10. Thomas Michael Hughes -Mike Hughes - Major Mike - doctor or PA - Army
reserves
b 2 Jan 1949 Plainfield, NJ
Married 29 Aug 1972 Oakland, California - lives in Calif
Recalled to Ft Leonard Wood 3 times during the Iran/Iraq Wars. Last tour in
active reserves
for 15 months in 2003 ending 5/24/04 as a PA(physicians assistant) at Ft
Leonard Wood

11. Charles Kissel, Jr - Charlie Kissel - Marines - Korean War
Enlisted approximately 1950 - 51

12. Hugh Joseph Brennan - Hugh Brennan -Navy - WWII
b 31 Mar 1920 d 9 Nov 2004 Glenview, Illinois
Enlisted summer of 1942 - Til the end of the war. Returned home safe

13. William Brennan, CM (Vincentian Priest) - Fr William Brennan - Army
Chaplin in Korea & Augsburg, Germany. Entered Army as a Captain around 1941-42
& was discharged 8 years later as a Major.
b 7 Apr 1915 Chicago, Illinois d 6 Jan 2000 Glenview, Illinois Returned home
safe

14. Edward Patrick Brennan - Edward Brennan - Ed Brennan - Marine
b 28 Jan 1919 Chicago, Illinois d 11 Jul 1997 Park Ridge, Illinois
Enlisted 28 Jan 1940. Was in the Battle of Midway & the Battle of Okinawa
where he spent 18 months . Returned home safe

15. William Sullivan - Army - WWI
b May 1891 DePue, Bureau County, Illinois d 2 Sep 1944

16. Edward Sullivan - Army - WWI - no other information

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Karen
(mailto:)