From: "Marilyn Shanahan" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] "irish trivia" plainfield illinois
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 00:17:04 -0500

You know Nan, I also had heard that the song was written by an American
for his wife, but they lived in WISCONSIN. There may be many more
Westendorfs in Wisconsin, I would think. Sorry, don't remember where I had
read
that bit of trivia, but think it came off of the record jacket to the song.
Marilyn