Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Visit to Chicago: 1885-1905 CityDirectories??
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 22:49:17 -0400

could that be spelled DuChene

Mary Jane Reese
-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Mason <>
Sent: Tue, 29 May 2007 2:08 pm

My best choices would be Harold Washington and Newberry Libraries. The Chicago
istorical Society is now the Chicago History Museum and things have changed.
ou might want to call ahead to see what's available for research.

Judie Mason
Chicago IL
wrote:
My husband and I are coming to the Chicago area toward the end of July
nd I may have just one day for genealogical research. Can anyone help
e maximize my time?
1. City Directories -
s it the Harold Washington library downtown (love the roof and
argoyles on that place!!) the only place where the early city
irectories are held for viewing?
s it difficult to see them?
2. Chicago Historical Society -
s this easy to locate?
ow is parking?
hat are the best features of this location?
My BURKE, MORAN & DUSHANE families left Wisconsin after 1880 for
hicago. The affiliated family names that I know of are: SHARRINGHAUSEN,
ODGINS (both Des Plaines), DEXTER, HAUSSEN, FOX, STREICHER.
Kelly Ward, Schoolcraft, Michigan