From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Burke - Bourke
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 06:27:50 -0700 (PDT)

Kelly,

I don't know if it's of any interest to you, but while researching my Mason line, I found John Mason m. Mary Burke (sometimes spelled Bourke) in Joliet c. 1896. In the 1900 census they are living at 516 Root St. along with Tobias & Catherine Bourke, William & Bridget Bourke and Morris & Maggie Godsen.............all b. Ireland. I believe Mary Burke-Mason's obituary or death certificate states she is from Co. Clare.

The 1900 census location is Ward 29 - ED 879 - Sheet 3B

Enjoy Chicago!

Judie Mason
Chicago

wrote:

The reason I want to search the city directories is to find my 'missing'
Tobias BURKE, his wife, Mary MORAN and her father, Timothy MORAN (all
born in Ireland). The last known info on them is the 1880 census in
Oshkosh, Wisconsin. They are not buried there, they apparently didn't
own their house, so deed info is not an option. All of their children
went to Chicago (Tobias, Timothy, Ellen - all born in Ireland - & her
husband, Frank DUSHANE, and John BURKE (b. WI) and Mary BURKE (b. WI)
who married George HODGINS) I'm assuming that they took the parents and
grandfather with them, too.

This thread: