Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] City Directories + more.........
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:20:46 -0400

Thank you to everyone who have sent me suggestions on how to maximize my
time in Chicago, and to those who sent information.

Thank you especially, Nan, for the information. The first item you had
sent on Philip Dushane - it's a match! Now to find out what he was doing
there as I don't see Fairfield in Bureau County even on the map I have.

Those voter registration lists and the military registrations are
invaluable tools, too.

The reason I want to search the city directories is to find my 'missing'
Tobias BURKE, his wife, Mary MORAN and her father, Timothy MORAN (all
born in Ireland). The last known info on them is the 1880 census in
Oshkosh, Wisconsin. They are not buried there, they apparently didn't
own their house, so deed info is not an option. All of their children
went to Chicago (Tobias, Timothy, Ellen - all born in Ireland - & her
husband, Frank DUSHANE, and John BURKE (b. WI) and Mary BURKE (b. WI)
who married George HODGINS) I'm assuming that they took the parents and
grandfather with them, too.

What fun to get these bits of information and try to fit it in - another
piece of the puzzle!
Kelly Ward, Schoolcraft, Michigan

This thread: