Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] FOX in Chicago
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:59:08 -0400

Colleen,
I don't have much on the FOX line, but will post all I have as it may
help someone. Putting it down in writing shows how many holes there are
in my research!!

Francis W. FOX aka "Frank"
no date of birth, no census entries
He married Lena Esther DUSHANE 15 August 1906 Crown Pointe, IN
They live at 1996 Lake St in 1902. She goes by "Mrs. Frank Fox" in 1905.

They had a son, Henry Francis FOX, b. 25 May 1902 Chicago, baptized at
St. Mel's, godparents: Edward D. FOX and Maude DUSHANE.

She also had a daughter, Helen, who went by FOX, born (I'm guessing) 6
July 1901. Helen married Ed (Edwin C.) WODRICH circa 1920 in Chicago,
had three daughters, Esther Rose WODRICH b. 1922, Betty Lou WODRICH b.
1924, and Carol Jean WODRICH b. 1930. They all live at 5308 Winchester
Ave, Chicago in 1930.

The family story is that Esther "Essie" and Frank divorced, she has
remarried to Fred HAUSSEN by 1920. When they divorced he took the son
and she kept the daughter - who is the only survivor listed in Essie's
obituary 1944 in Chicago.

Another FOX marriage from St. Mel's:
Arthur MCCARTHY and Rose FOX
Witnesses: John MCCARTHY and Margaret FOX

Kelly Ward, Schoolcraft, Michigan
> I am a Fox descendant, my Grand Mother was a Fox from Galway Ireland, I have
> been looking for any one that has any information on a Fox family from
> Ireland, would appreciate any information you might have.
> Thanks
> Colleen Fox Flood

This thread: