Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Visit to Chicago: 1885-1905 City Directories??
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:15:51 -0400

My husband and I are coming to the Chicago area toward the end of July
and I may have just one day for genealogical research. Can anyone help
me maximize my time?

1. City Directories -
Is it the Harold Washington library downtown (love the roof and
gargoyles on that place!!) the only place where the early city
directories are held for viewing?
Is it difficult to see them?

2. Chicago Historical Society -
Is this easy to locate?
How is parking?
What are the best features of this location?

My BURKE, MORAN & DUSHANE families left Wisconsin after 1880 for
Chicago. The affiliated family names that I know of are: SHARRINGHAUSEN,
HODGINS (both Des Plaines), DEXTER, HAUSSEN, FOX, STREICHER.

Kelly Ward, Schoolcraft, Michigan

This thread: