From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Maurice Poter/Potter Children's Hospital inChicago c. 1900
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Beth. I've just learned that Children's Memorial Hospital here in Chicago was founded by a Mrs. Porter as a result of her very ill son. It began as an 8 bed hospital and turned into what is now known as one of the best children's hospital in the US.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Beth Walsh <> wrote:
Judie,
I found a Children's Memorial Hospital at 606 Fullerton in a 1906 Tribune article. It was actually a picture of a baby and just the caption under the picture.
Beth

Judith Mason wrote:
Hello List,

Is there anyone who knows anything about this Chicago children's hospital that was located at 606 W. Fullerton Ave. (pre 1909 numbering). I did a google search, but came up with nothing.

Thanks for any information.

Judie Mason
Chiicago IL