From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] DOLAN
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning Bill,

FYI..............

I also have Carl (misspelling of Carol?)Canty as a Godparent to my gr grandfather John Rohen (Rohan in the Co. Clare records) c. 1844. The residence was given as Derry More, Co. Clare. The Rohan's lived on property owned by Daniel & Patrick Bruggy whose decendants still live on the same property. I had corresponded with the current family a number of years ago. The Canty family also owned property in Derry More at the same time. In addition to Carl, I have Carol (misspelling of Carl?) Canty c. 1840 as Godparent to Ann Dolan, daughter of Richard and Hanor Canty-Dolan. Baptism was in the Parish of Parteen.........no residence listed.

Am I remembering correctly that Killeely lies in both Clare and Limerick counties? My Mason's are from Athlunkard in Co. Clare which is within a short distance to Co. Limerick and the Limerick city limits. In fact, a family member recalls being told my gr grandfather came from Limerick. I can understand that...............who here in the US would have know Athlunkard?

Thanks for your reply and information. Hopefully it will provide another clue to my missing Dolans, maybe even the Rohen/Rohans!

Judie Mason
Chicago

Bill King <> wrote:
My graet grandmother was Caterine Canty the daughter of Michael Canty. She was born in 1841. My greatgandparents lived in Killeedy in Limerick. Killeedy and Killeely are both in Limerick. Bill King