From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Masons in Chicago
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:52:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nan and Alice,

Yes, there's a database called World Cat to locate books anywhere in the world. It is available through the Chicago Public Library website using your CPL card - same way as accessing Heritage Quest - just scroll all the way to the end of that list. For some reason, my card number is not working for that. I can access HQ, but not WC and I keep forgetting to contact them about that. Also, many libraries will let you access that by entering your library card number (the barcode on the card). Look for something like 'online databases' or 'reference resources' to get to that part on their websites. Western Springs Library has that on their website - but you need to enter your WS library card, which I don't have. Unfortunately, Oak Lawn, the card that I do have, does not allow access from home.. So, I can't access from home even though I work at both suburban places and live in Chicago!! Very frustrating at times.
Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
That's great, Alice.

I know there's a librarians' website for tracking down that (or any)
book, but I've forgotten the website.

Does any one know?

Beth???????

Nan